As a representative for the AccuVein® vein illumination device, I see practitioners who buy it no questions asked, and those who think it’s the coolest device, but are unwilling to make the investment. Why is this and why should you have an AccuVein®?
Understanding the comprehensive picture of anything you do, is key to long-term success. And understanding all that AccuVein® offers, answers the above question. AccuVein clinically fits into medical aesthetic practices by:
- Locating veins for blood draws and IV starts
- Mapping and highlighting veins for sclerotherapy
- Avoiding veins and vessels during facial injections to mitigate risk of bruising.
These are direct, hands-on benefits of AccuVein®. But what about the overall value proposition? How does AccuVein® yield a return on investment for your practice? And why is it a no-brainer for numerous successful practices?
First, let me describe the device. AccuVein is actually a Class 1 laser. It contains two precise, oscillating lasers that detect hemoglobin in the blood flowing through your veins.
It illuminates veins beautifully, up to 10mm beneath the skin, and it’s precise to within the width of a hair. Its two modalities include standard where the veins appear dark, or “inverse” mode which lights them up…this is my favorite, and the glow really wows patients.
AccuVein is made in the USA. I’m not making a political reference; I mention it to note that it isn’t a cheap device, by either sense of the word. Yet it won’t break the bank. It’s made with the highest quality components and manufacturing, so it’s built to last. I have clients who bought their device earlier than 2014 and have treated 1000s of patients, and it keeps on glowing problem-free.
In addition to the direct benefits of using the AccuVein®, there’s an entire marketing component:
- Patients love you for it: it tells them that you are doing everything you can to provide the best possible outcome;
- Patient referrals: when their friends are seeking an injector or when a friend gets a bruise elsewhere, they recommend you because you have the “vein finder;”
- Patient retention: even the best injectors don’t have x-ray vision. If/when you nick a vein and a bruise forms (whether your patient tells you or not), they’re upset about it…and possibly with you; thus, you risk losing them to the masses of competitors to choose from;
- Practice differentiation: everyone is promoting neurotoxins and fillers on their websites and social, but only AccuVein® owners have that extra Wow! factor that captures patients’ attention and explains to them that you are maximizing the opportunity of a positive, problem-free experience. Especially important prior to holidays and special occasions;
- Continuous marketing: by using AccuVein® on your social posts, there’s always something to talk about, always vascular architecture to discuss, always a buzz factor for you to add, at will.
As we can see, the AccuVein® offers practices a multitude of benefits. Years ago, injectors would say, “I wish I had x-ray vision to see veins before I inject.” Well, that opportunity is here for you. And, in this hyper-competitive market, AccuVein’s benefits go far beyond visualizing veins. AccuVein® is a fantastic tool for patient retention, practice differentiation, and practice growth.
Would you like to learn more? Contact me now.